Friday, January 2, 2009

The Feather

From heavens above you hover
flying here now, flying there then
I pursued you knowing without
what is it that I am after

Milky white were your hair
pink and red adorned the tail
Was it a dove or was it swan?
you lived under whose care

As cradle of the wind rocked
You came to me for a second
away you flew in the next
In roar of winds you mocked

Fiercely, passionately, I sped
towards but your charms eluded,
Challenged me to get you but
Like a shadow you always led

I caught you as I stretched once
Shocked to see It was ashes i hold
You collapsed when blew back to wind
was it a dream, or was it curse

feel my soft touch, you crave too
Having me is losing me, you sang
stretched a little but not just enough
Let you float, I am not so brave too

1 comment:

  1. Nice one, however the last line is not very convincing...Throughout the poem you have portrait a strong person but last line i feel is misfit

    ReplyDelete